Thursday, January 21, 2010

BADGERS TRIP TO FLORIDA




As most of you know I sent mom and dad off on a cruise. We had a long talk about a baby sister (or brother if they must) so I decided it was best they go off alone for a while.
I suggested that I stay with Grandmother and Grandfather Mulder at the Villages.


This is their back yard.


I helped Grandfather Don with some computer problems he had.


Grandmother needed help with the chocolate chip cookies. Funny how grandparents never say 'no' to another cookie.
I showed Grandmother Mulder and Nana how to color.
Later Nana and Grandpa Bo took me out dancing .




The rock band was a little dated. (The youngest guy was in his 70's) But they did ok. I did notice a bunch of old guys circling the square in their tricked out golf carts hooting at the girls who stood in groups giggling. There was a lot of talk about "drugs", colestoral/heart/arthritis etc. but I think it was mainly talk. Someone really should have been there to chaperone though.

Grandpa Bo and I danced a bit but we kept knocking people over in their walkers and when the wheelchair folks tried to start a mosh pit I decided we better get off the floor. Besides, I think Grandpa Bo was winded.

The next day we went to lunch. I had a hard time keeping those four in line. You'd think nobody else in the world had a granddaughter. Geeze!


Finally I took Grandpa Bo's Beer away from him.

I've decided that babysitting grandparents is exhausting work. I hope mom and dad get back soon. Thats all for now- will report on the brother/sister thing later.... Badger (aka Adeline)


2 comments:

susan said...

Dela,

Where did your parents go on their cruise? You may want to reconsider this brother/sister thing--they can be a real pain. Besides, you are the star now--do you really want to give that up?

Tell Grandpa Bo--"No Facebook!!!" Wee Alec can barely get his e-mail account open and gets too frustrated too fast. Love, Susan

Unknown said...

"Grandmother Mulder" and "Grandfather Don"???!!!! Dis is obwiously a borgery post. I did not wite dis. I don't know who dose name weeber to. I only ave a Gwandma, a Gwandpa, a Nana and Badger-badger.