Thursday, February 18, 2010

BO AND CINDY'S MARDI GRAS ADVENTURE

Most of our friends and family, not to mention total strangers, wondered why we would go to Mardi Gras. The music, architecture, history, art and culture were the main attraction for Cindy. The title of her xmas present is Cindy, Val and Susan have tea. The unveiling will be this summer at the farm.

I was attracted to other things.
We were told at a bar in Florida that because we were from Michigan we had to register with law enforcement before entering Mardi Gras so I did. They asked me if I was still on my medication and I said I was although how they knew about my cholesteral I don't know.
We had to be careful where we walked because on every street there were people on the balconies that threw stuff at you. Some of the folks yelled at Cindy and some yelled at me.

There were lots of parades where people in funny outfits also threw things at you.
There were lots of folks with signs. This group wanted everyone to remain in town and be happy.
I think this was a father and son team. The son has a beer with a sign that says "Ladies Jesus wants you to show your t..s". Some lady who looked like the wife/mother told them both to 'go to hell' and stomped off to have lunch.
The new orleans version of a rubber tree
Lovely ladies
Young Flamingos
Old Flamingos
I was suprised to learn that 'cajun' is another term for'red neck'.
It was so wild in Mardi Gras I actually saw man kissing his wife.
Footnote: Other photos may be forthcoming--after reviewed by the censors.

5 comments:

bigloon said...

Spectacular. We hadn't heard from you in a while... started to wonder if you survived Marti Gras.

KB said...

Just so you know, some of the pictures didn't show up... Maybe just on my computer though, not sure.

Sarah said...

Nice pics! Love the prominent use of color in the composition.

susan said...

So, Mardi Gras was fun and educational and all the naysayers were wrong and maybe we should have hopped on the train and joined you. I am glad you had a great time and we are really enjoying your adventures vicariously. But we miss you.
Love, Susan and Donald

bigloon said...

Marti Gras was a month ago.... Where are the new picks? Did retirement end at Marti Gras?