Sunday, March 3, 2013

Kristen Visits and Runs the Princess

Last week Kristen arrived from Michigan to pay us a visit.  Because she was our ONLY adult visitor so far this year we tried our very best to make her feel welcome.  We aired out the hammock.



Put chocolates on the pillow, stocked the wine cellar, and ordered 80 degree weather for the duration of her stay.  We even took a couple boat rides but unfortunately the dolphins were at a convention somewhere.





We took a cruise to Frenchies in Clearwater and had lunch.


And beer...and we took a cruise to the Pub and had more beer...all in preparation for the 'Princess' half marathon...
Arriving at Disney Kristen and her sister Erica were greeted by a couple guys dressed in tights...they apparently had recently lost their hair because they had new wigs which didn't fit very well...Kristen tried not to laugh but didn't succeed!


On Saturday Cindy and I went to Epcot were we had coffee at a French Cafe...(I messed up and forgot the coffee pot)...

We met with Tiger and Poo...



And had dinner with Kristen and her brother Paul and Sister Erica...WE also drank a lot of Beer...


On Sunday Kristen got up at 2:30 am (called to wake me up at the campground) put on her running tutu and headed for the start line with her sister Erica and 25,000 other women.

I put on my old t-shirt and headed to the start line with about a thousand guys...I felt out of place because I didn't have a tutu...next year...


I finished alive and in the upright position...I did notice that most of the medical personnel stationed at the finish line asked me how I was doing and kept asking me how many fingers they were holding up...

We had a wonderful time and feel truly blessed to have Kristen in our lives...When she went back to Michigan she took the sunshine with her in more ways than one...today it's in the mid 40's and we're confined to the house...Next week it's warming up considerably...my cousin from Australia is arriving for a three day visit in April but Bag End remains open for reservations and all are welcome!









4 comments:

KB said...

It was a great vacation, thanks for letting me visit!

Susan and Donald said...

Congratulations on another successful run. I had to chuckle when you bemoaned your lack of visitors this year. We used to really look forward to having friends and family come visit. We got another snow storm today--apparently winter is never going to end. Oh well, at least they are promising we will have a fruit crop this year. We are looking forward to your return. And add June 12th to your list of golf outings--that is the date of Habitat.

Keith said...

Looks like a great time.

Keith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.