Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Perils of Penelope/Cindy

Well, it is a beautiful Saturday night in Merida and we are strolling in the main plaza... Bo is strolling. Bo is strolling, and I am hobbling. For those of you not on Facebook, I had a misstep in the Hyatt Hotel on very badly constructed steps and twisted my ankle. I was not able to get to the conference yesterday, but have attended wondersul session on the Maya and Mayan women. We have met a lot of wonderful people in and around Merida and our hotel-anthropologists, writers, journalists, and retirees, some come here yearly, some came and never left. We are going to teh village Monday, so I am hoping to be able to maneuver the village streets without too much pain. We will report back when we return. Cheers and love. Cindy

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sorry to hear about your mishap/misstep. I hope this will not ruin your golfing ability. Too bad you had to miss the conference. Have fun in the village but be careful--don't fall.